Thursday, March 30, 2006

My New Path

As of last Thursday, I no longer work at The Reserve Vineyards and Golf Club. I was not selected to be the new Seasonal Assistant Professional, I was told I was over-qualified. They wanted someone with no experience, that way they would not have to give him any responsibilities and there would be no worries when they released him in the fall. I was also told that I was over-qualified to work in the shop also...

I was a little bit shocked to hear that I wouldn't be coming back, there is no reason for it, I did nothing wrong. Most people I talked to say that since there is a whole bunch of managerial restructuring going on over there, that having a person who can do everything and gets paid next to nothing, is dangerous to the current high paid guys over there. By having guys there that are new and not that ambitious, they have job security. So I feel that they let me go to protect there jobs a little bit.

Anyways I am still ina good spot. I will be working more with Nike Golf as a Demo Technician. And I will work one to two days a week at Golf Galaxy to keep my playing privileges at the Reserve. The Nike gig is easier, more fun, and I get paid a lot more. It also opens up quite a few more roads.

NATER

No comments: