Monday, December 11, 2006

Interesting Politics

I have always said if a woman was to run for President, I would most likely vote for her. I have always felt that women are better at running groups of people. Just think about it, they have been managing families for centuries, must be in that extra X chromosome.

I think that Hillary might announce her run for the presidency, which puts me in a bind because I have jumped on the Barack Obama bandwagon. I first heard about this guy when he blew everyone away in the Illinois Senate race and made national news.

I have been reading his website and listening to his blog, and he has some great ideas and follows through. His first law was passed with Republican Tom Coburn, a measure to rebuild trust in government by allowing every American to go online and see how and where every dime of their tax dollars are spent. I love this law, I don't understand why it hasn't always been done.

Knowing the threat we face to our economy and our security from America’s addiction to oil, he’s working to bring auto companies, unions, farmers, businesses and politicians of both parties together to promote the greater use of alternative fuels and higher fuel standards in our cars. And he has been pushing government for strict standards for auto makers that give deadlines/goals that auto makers would have to meet for fuel economy.

If you don't know much about Barack you can go to his website BarackObama.com. He has lots of speeches on there that you can read,listen,and watch.

Barack 2008!

NATER

No comments: