Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My Lewis Black Rant

We have the strangest damn weather in the Northwest...On the 15th it was 32/29 in Portland, and on the 18th it was 64/55. We go from wearing mittens and butt pads to protect us from slipping on the ice, to walking around in t-shirts and no coats.

And what is it with all these damn rebates. I have about 9 just for buying a computer, totaling somewhere around $400. I finally get them all ready to go in the mail and I head down to the post office. I wanted to track them cause a few are worth quite a bit. Well to me it looked like I could track a parcel for $0.55, so I slapped a sticker on there. When I got to the counter the lady just about ripped my head off telling me I couldn't track a letter, just a parcel (which I quickly learned is at least 3/4 an inch thick). To track it, it would cost $4.30 because it had to go Priority Mail! So basically I could package it so its 3/4 and inch thick and mail it for like $2.50 or I can track my letter for $4.30...This is got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard! I thought my brain was going to explode out of my ears.

Okay that was my very poorly done Lewis Black rant impression, sorry you guys had to read it.

NATER

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought you did a great job with your rant.

The weather in the south is not much better.

Last week it was 70 all week, earlier this week it did not get above 30 until today, where it is 55.