Monday, March 28, 2005

My Birthday Rocked

First off thanks to all of my friends who called me and wished me a happy birthday, that was special...

Second off Bandon is just incredible!

I played Pacific Dunes on Friday and was so impressed, I couldn't believe how beautiful this course is...The course dosen't play that long though. I found myself hitting a lot of Driver/Wedge combinations, oh well its still an awesome course. The wind was very gusty with a strong constant wind. I managed to shoot a 78 which I was very happy with.

My Favorite hole was the Fourth, it was a par 4 that just ran right up the ocean, just beautiful. My most favorite stretch of holes was the Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth, although it has two par 3's in a row, the views were just incredible. Definetly the most beautiful course I have ever played.

On Saturday I played Bandon Dunes in the highest winds I have ever played in. It was a constant 30 mph wind with gusts up to 60 mph. It also rained on me for about 5 holes, but I didn't care. I was golfing by myself, on one of the best courses in the world, on my birthday, I definetly had a smile on my face.

The course layout is definetly better than Pacific Dunes but not as beautiful. There were some pretty holes though like the Third, which had a high tee box with a view of overlooking the course and ocean. My favorite holes were the Sixth, Sixteenth, and the Seventeenth, all of which were some of the prettiest holes I have ever seen. I ended up shooting an 81, and in the wind I was quite happy with that, considering I had some drives go just 180 yards.

I can't wait to go back again someday, hopefully when the weather is better so I can play them in more normal conditions. And definetly after Bandon Trails opens up! Man what a Birthday though, just awesome.

NATER

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all except your mean big sis :(