Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pilot Soccer

On Monday morning UP girls soccer tickets went on sale at 1pm for the Quarterfinals of the NCAA championship. Over 4,000 tickets sold in under 10 minutes, without the website working! I finally went to one of the ticket offices and the lady said she had been holding 2 tickets for a couple to be there at 3pm but they never came, so I got them!

I went to 2 other ticket offices and they all said the same thing. "I had a line of over 100 people stretching out my door and down the street. Sold all I had in 10 minutes!"

There are even some on eBay selling for over $50 a piece! It has caused such a commotion that UPN 49 decided to send a camera crew up there and show it live on television.

I am so excited for this game! Notre Dame knocked them out of the Quarterfinals last year and ended up winning the National Championship, it's UP's turn this year.

The last game against Arizona was awesome, even though it was a blowout of 4-0. The ball handling by the girls was just incredible. What I really liked was that even though they were up by 3-0 with just minutes to go, they still pressed hard. No courtesy win, either bring it o kick your ass kicked.

I love it!

NATER

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask you about that! glad you got tickets!