Tuesday, July 18, 2006

New Computer !!!

When Karen leaves for Italy later next month. I told her to take my laptop because she is used to it and it runs great (knock on wood :D). So I purchased a new desktop. We really needed one for the house, it is much easier to use and will be a media center for us.

So after looking around I found a great deal. I got a Dell E510, and just about stole it again. If you remember when I bought this laptop, it was like I stole it from Best Buy... well it's not that good of a deal but it is good.

So here are the specs:

Pentium D Processor 940 with Dual Core Technology 3.2GHz, 800FSB)
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
19 inch Ultrasharp™ 1907FP Digital Flat Panel Monitor
128MB PCI Express™ x16 ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory
160GB Serial ATA (7200RPM) w/ 8MB cache
13 in 1 Media Card Reader
16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 924

All this usually sells for just over $1200, I got it for $866 plus a $150 rebate, making it a great deal at $716...

I then had all this Best Buy credit, that I got from graduation and scammed from Best Buy. (I cancelled my internet for 2 months then signed back up when they had a deal that got you a $75 gift card and a free modem. Then I returned the modem for $80... :P) So I got a great speaker system for it that has two satellite speakers, a subwoofer, and a remote. And then I got another 19 inch widescreen monitor, so I can rock the dual monitors.




Man this system is going to rock!!!

NATER

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too much! Way to go, Dude!

I'm sure you checked to make sure Karen has the correct european current adapter plug in stuff!