Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another Weekend in Sunriver...

I had a great weekend! It started with me driving Friday afternoon to LaPine to do some flyfishing. I headed up to East Lake, and arrived around 5pm. I then spent the next 2 hours trying to catch a fish... I must really suck at this, because the fish were jumping and feeding all around me. I will eventually get this down, that is why its called fishing not fish catching. At least it was beautiful up there.

Saturday and Sunday I spent the whole day on the range working. I was crazy! The tournament had 350 people check in on Saturday, and 300 more on Sunday. And they were all at the range hitting balls. Good thing they had free Red Bulls, because I was there by myself and working my ass off.

On Sunday, I played in the Sponsor's Tournament at Crosswater. A few guys from Nike Golf came down and we all played together. And damn it, I almost kicked its ass! I was 3 under through 6 holes, 2 under through 16, and I end up shooting an even par 72... I didn't piss the round away really, I just made a few small mistakes. Oh well, I am happy with a 72, my lowest round there ever by 6.

Overall it was an awesome event. They put me up in the Sunriver Lodge, feed me some great food, and let me play some great golf. And we were lucky enough to get great weather. Not bad for my last trip to Bend for work... Here is a great shot from outside of Sisters on my way home.


NATER

No comments: