Friday, September 29, 2006

Nationwide Dream

WOW! Two posts in one day!

Two weeks ago I was at the Nationwide Tour (PGA Tour AAA league) event in Eugene. I was working the Pro-Am, and we had a few hours of break at the sales tent. We were stationed right on the range, I mean just feet away. So we got to see all the players there practicing. The Amateurs in the Pro-Am were allowed to hit on the range, so during our lull (all the am's were on the course, leaving some pros to practice) I started to hit some balls.

After 20 minutes of me just striping it, I noticed I was hitting it just as well as the two guys I was inbetween... Now I haven't played in a while, and haven't played well since spring time, but man was I clicking! I was covering the flag with whatever I hit, and I was able to do whatever I wanted with the ball. I had to stop and kind of dream for a little bit... I mean here I was hitting balls with all of the Nationwide guys, and I was not out of place. I continued to hit for about an hour, and it never went away. Sure I had a few miss-hits, but in general I was smoking it. Even my worst club in my bag, my driver, was flying just perfect.

Made me really wish I would have gone down a different path somewhere in my life... But I know this life is not for me, at least I think not. Just wish I had some backing to find out if I ever could do it...

NATER

No comments: