Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Karen is in Italy!

Well I tracked Karens flight the other night, watched her go across the Atlantic. I found some really cool webpages that do this. First off was FlightView, which gave you a fairly straight forward radar tracking screen as seen below.
And then I found FBOweb, which is a really cool website that Google referenced. And you can open a flight tracker in Google Earth, which is really cool! I took a screen shot as Karen left U.S. Airspace, the plane path tracer is not very long since I found this a little bit late into her flight.

I got a voice mail from her about 20 minutes after I went to sleep last night, sounds like she had a good flight across and even got some sleep. Alitalia's computers were out so she didn't get onto her Rome flight until noonish (suppose to leave at 9:30). So I bet she got into Catania a little bit tired. I am sure as soon as she gets situated she will post on her blog about the trip across.

No comments: