Monday, September 25, 2006

No Luck for Nater

I don't understand my luck with jobs this year. I have always had great luck with getting the job I want, but this year has just sucked!

To start the year, I wasn't even hired for the full-time position of what I was currently doing (that Assistant Professional job at the Reserve). And I was great at my job, just ask anyone...

Then I had all those issues with Wafertech about my starting date. Ultimately ending with me having to turn down a great paying starting job over a miscommunication.

And now after being called in to Nike for a position that wasn't even created at the time, and talked to like I had the position. And then spending over two months waiting. I find out at the end of last week that I didn't get the job. I asked them if there was anything that I could have done better or improve upon for next time (I only did this since I feel like I know them fairly well now), and I got a very reassuring response that I did everything right and there is nothing I could really do to improve...

So now I have no job, and have to look for a real job. There have been quite a few open positions that I have applied for, but still haven't got a response for any. I was told that they are expanding quickly at Nike R&D, and I know they are trying to build a new test facility here in Beaverton, so they could want me in the near future... But I am not going to wait.

The thing on my mind now is if I take a job somewhere, and then I get an offer from Nike, how do I tell them I am leaving...? I mean if its 6 months or a year down the road no problem, what if its like 2-3 months???

Oh well I guess I will answer that question when I come to it. As for Golf R&D Engineering, I am now trying at different manufacturers. I think I would be real good at this, and man what a dream job!

Nater

No comments: