Thursday, November 02, 2006

Job Front Update

Well I got a call from Nike Golf today about that Customer Service Rep position I interviewed for. Looks like I got one of the positions, but I would be doing order entry, I would be a temp, and make $12 an hour... So don't think I am going to take this job. I originally thought that this would give me a good "in", but really I already have one. They have contacted me in the past about a position, and I feel they will do that again, if I keep in contact.

I also got a call from "a hi-tech company" about an Electrical Engineering position, that I applied for almost a month ago. We originally set up the phone interview for a week and a half ago, so I was a little surprised to get a phone call from them. The guy who was interviewing me was absolutely terrible at it! He told me he was a physicist, and was screening for a co-worker. And did he ever ask some stupid questions... Questions that if you had a BS in EE, are completely obvious, even if you got it illegally on the internet. No matter what I said, he would make comments like, "Seems like you have a good grasp on that." Even if all I said was, "I remember talking about that. We really didn't go into detail on it, we just touched the main subject areas."

And then there is also Titleist that looks to be showing some good effort to get me. After my phone interview on Monday, they Priority Mailed me a small packet. In the packet was some paper work, i.e. application and background check authorization, and a couple other things. Which included a Footjoy glove (Footjoy = same company as Titleist)??? A little bit strange, but whatever...

As you can tell things are getting a little complicated. I have until Monday to reply to Nike if I want that position or not. And I should be having another interview with Titleist next week, and maybe one with the hi-tech company. All I can say is that decisions are going to get tough. And with it being cold and rainy, San Diego and Titleist is looking really good!

Nater

No comments: