Friday, November 24, 2006

Slick Nater on Black Friday

So I had to work this morning, so I wasn't able to get very many deals... I missed out on the SD cards (no biggie), and a good deal on a hard drive. But I did get a smoking deal.

I went to CompUSA for their 9pm Thursday night opening. I didn't think it would be that busy, since the deals weren't that great. But when I got there, there was already about 40-50 people there. And when the store opened 20 minutes later, there was about 400 people there! And this was my first time waiting for a deal so I was a little nervous...

When the opened the doors, everyone went for the big ticket items, I wanted the phone deal. So I bee-lined to them. Ended up 3rd in line. Didn't matter since they had about 200, and only about 20 people wanted the phone. Oh well.

The phone deal was awesome. If you opened a new account with Cingular, TMobile, or Sprint, and bought a Motorola RAZR for $30,
you received a $200 rebate on anything in the store. Since I needed a new phone but didn't want the RAZR, I bought the RAZR, unlocked my current NGage phone and put the Cingular SIM card into it. Now I am going to sell the RAZR on Ebay, and buy a Palm Treo 650.

With my $200 I also got an Apple Ipod Nano 2gb for $150, a Belkin Tune Fm Transmitter and car charger (normally $70, on sale for $40 and $10 rebate), and a Belkin Arm Band ($15). This made my total purchase value as:

Phone $30
Ipod Nano $150
Belkin Tune Fm $70
Belkin Arm Band $15 => Total = $265 - sale price and rebates = $25

So not a bad deal at all...

NATER

No comments: