Wednesday, November 29, 2006

San Diego is NICE

I had a very nice trip to San Diego, except for losing my wallet on the way home (have my license though). The weather was great and I had a good time.

I got in on Monday just fine and checked in. I then headed into downtown San Diego and went to a Rock Bottom to watch the Seahawks on MNF. The next morning I headed to Oceanside for my meeting. Driving into Oceanside was nice and I noticed a few things. First off people in San Diego drive really fast! Second, it's really pretty.


I pulled up to the Titleist center, it was completely blocked off by a fence and tall trees. You just can't see in... Then there is a guarded front gate. When you pull in you see one of the nicest, well manicured practice facilities you have ever seen!

The meeting went real well! I was told I was the most qualified, maybe even over qualified candidate. But the pay is nice and the job is easy. I would manage a team of 2-4 guys whose job it is to use a robot to hit a golf ball onto the range, track the ball flight with doppler radar, and record the data. They were afraid I might get bored with the job and would want to move on. Well if that happens oh well, I will at least have some experience under my belt, and a little bit of money.

After I left I went down to the ocean (like 5 miles) and ate a little bit of lunch on the beach.


After lunch I had some time left so I cruised down Highway 101. After about half an hour I cruised by Torrey Pines, and had to pull in. After about half an hour of walking around and noticing that no one was teeing off of #1, I decided to play a little golf. Torrey Pines, home of the annual PGA Tour Buick Championship and the 2008 US Open, I was stoked!

I played the North Course and was just giddy as a Japanese School Girl! This place is amazing!




I had a wonderful round, and will definetly be playing here a lot if I move down here. The local rate is cheap, and the course is now one of my top favorite courses. The course was definetly getting ready for the Buick Championships in like 2 months. The fairways were really narrow, counted a 20 yard wide fairway on one hole, and the rough was really long. Above my ankles in some areas... Still shot 2 over for 14 holes (too bad I had to leave...).



Anyways I have posted my pics HERE of San Diego. And here is my Walk-Through of Torrey Pines.

NATER

No comments: