Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Exciting Times of Last Week

The week started off great for me! I got to hang out at the LPGA Safeway Classic, worked the range for a couple of days. WOW these ladies are good! Just very consistent ball striking, just amazing. And lots of cuties out there now...

TV is a weird thing, Paula Creamer always looked so-so to me on TV, but in person she was gorgeous. And then there is Natalie Gulbis, who you see just about everywhere and is the LPGA's sex icon, and in person it just looks like she needs to eat a burger.

Anyways on Thursday after the LPGA, I had to drive down to Medford/Klamath Falls to work for a couple days. Nothing exciting, actually fairly boring couple of days. I did play golf at a little course called Shield Crest, nothing to fancy though... I couldn't make a putt to save my life and shot 2 over. And you can see what it did to my handicap, by looking at my new feature, the updating Handicap Card on the left column (sorry for no clever name like the Odonater, which is up and running again at the top).

The only really exciting thing about this trip happened on the way home. As I was passing through Eugene I passed a cop that was sitting on the shoulder of the road. No worries I wasn't speeding. Then a couple of minutes later I saw a whole bunch of commotion going on behind me. Cars were kind of swerving around... I then noticed a truck get through and approach really fast, my guess would be about 120 and was flashing his hazards.

I pulled over and not a couple hundred feet behind him was a cop chasing him down. The cop caught up with the guy just in front of me. They went for about a half mile more and then the guy gave up and pulled over. I passed them at about this time and the cop looked pissed! I bet he got out and pulled his gun cause this guy was running for some reason. But, I wasn't going to pull over and watch...

And that was about it for the week. Karen stopped over in Ashland with me, and her post about the trip is a little bit more entertaining. You can read it on her blog.

NATER

No comments: