Sunday, January 21, 2007

Callaway Went Well

I had a good couple days down in Carlsbad last week. It was about 64 degrees both days and I was able to go play a little golf on Thursday. Callaway really spent some money to interview me. Looks like my flight cost about $500 (last minute I guess). And they got me a rental car at Avis that ran like $114, it was a nice Chevy HHR though... And they put me up in thus really nice hotel that had a huge bathroom and even a small kitchen in it, that ran them $124.


I have a problem with hotel rooms... For some reason, I don't know why, but within minutes of being in a hotel room I have trashed it. I just get stuff spread out everywhere for some reason and I don't know why.


The next morning I went to my interview at 9:00am. I was given a tour of the facility that took like 30 min, I was then interviewed by the Dir. of R&D for 30 min. He gave me a few easy technical questions to answer. I then had a panel interview that lasted 30 min. It was easy they weren't that prepared so their questions were really easy. And then the VP of Engineering came in for about 15 minutes and ask me a few "where do I see myself..." questions. And I finished up everything with the HR guy.

After I got done with the HR guy, 3 of the engineers took me out to lunch. We went to this nice Mexican place over-looking the beach in Carlsbad. We had a good time and had good conversations on all sorts of things. We talked football, baseball, soccer, traffic, weather, you name it.

I felt really good about this interview. I am suppose to hear back at the beginning of this week.... Hope I get a good offer.

Nater

No comments: