Sunday, January 28, 2007

Living in Carlsbad

I hate spending money and not really getting anything out of it. I especially hate paying rent. So now that there is a very good chance that we are moving down to Carlsbad, I started to look at places to buy. Since I don't think we will be able to comfortably afford a house, I looked for new townhomes and condos.

I ended up finding three new communities so far. And after researching them I am really excited to maybe be buying a new home. They all run in the mid $300s to low $400s, so it will be expensive. I think that it will be just like our current place though, and in 2 years they could be easily worth $500,000. So here are the three I found. (Click the pics to go to their websites, and click the GEarth next to the name to view the site in Google Earth)

Mystic Point:


3 miles to work, 4 miles to the beach, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage with approximately 1,363 sq. ft., low $400,000s.


Sante Fe Walk:


8.5 miles to work, 8 miles to the beach, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage with approximately 1,084 sq. ft., mid $300,000s.


Casitas at Spring Creek:


13.5 miles to work, 8 miles to the beach, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage with approximately 1,365 sq. ft., low $400,000s.


So far we are leaning towards Mystic Point and Sante Fe Walk. But it all comes down to funding and availability. Oh and Karen and Me getting a job....

Nater

No comments: